Visiting arrangements at Hartford Care homes
All of us at Hartford Care completely understand how difficult the pandemic and subsequent impact on visiting has been for our residents and their loved ones, especially currently in the run up to Christmas.
Our main priority throughout this time has been, and continues to be, the safety and wellbeing of our residents and team members, protecting them from Covid-19 as far as we can. We continue to ensure we follow current Government guidance and best practice, whilst also taking into consideration the positive impact visiting can have on our resident’s health and wellbeing.
Despite the restrictions, we have been able to continue safely facilitating visits from loved ones to residents in our care and do everything we can to keep people in touch with one another.
We are continuing to support these visits, with measures in place that enable us to do this safely, within current Government guidance:
- All visits are booked in advance and an allocated time slot will be given to help safely manage the visit and ensure the necessary hygiene measures are in place
- Visitors should be limited to a single constant visitor wherever possible, with an absolute maximum of two constant visitors per resident to limit risk of transmission of the virus
- Visitors must ensure they are wearing appropriate PPE correctly as per current guidance and practice good hand hygiene
- Visits are monitored to ensure social distancing, infection control and control measures are followed.
- Homes will be required to close to visits where there are any suspected, or confirmed, cases of Covid-19.
The exception to the above measures is where a resident is receiving end of life care. In this circumstance, the limit to the number of visitors present and arrangements will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Home Manager which we will discuss with loved ones.
Please be assured that we will continue to do whatever we can to allow visits to our homes to continue, safely and in line with Government guidance. The rules we follow are updated regularly and when they do, we will notify families as a matter of priority of any changes which could affect their visits.
Thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding in these difficult times.