Hartford Care launches inaugural awards ceremony to celebrate our team members
Hartford Care held our first annual Managers Conference and Awards Ceremony this month. We reflected on a busy 2022 – which saw the acquisition of multiple new care homes – and discussed objectives for 2023, as well as launching the all-new award ceremony to celebrate our hardworking team.
The theme for the conference, held at the DoubleTree Hilton in Southampton, was ‘The Next Chapter’.
The event culminated in an awards ceremony in the evening, in which nominees and winners were invited to celebrate their achievements. With 23 awards and categories ranging from ‘Carer of the Year’ to ‘Team of the Year’, there was much talent to choose from!
Residents, family members, visitors and team members across all of our homes, as well as the team from central support office, voted for their winners by filling in a nomination form. Once all votes were collected, our directors had the tough job of choosing the winners from all the nominations and comments provided.
The award winners:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Shirly Bartlett, Quality Support Manager – Central Support Office
- Team of the Year: West Cliff Hall
- Manager of the Year: Gurmeet Ubhie, Home Manager – Boulters Lock
- Hartford Hero 2023: Clare Storrow, Assistant Accountant – Central Support Office
- Carer of the Year: Merlin John, Nurse – Burnham Lodge
- Nurse of the Year: Maria Kosztan, Registered Nurse – The Elms
- Support Person of the Year (Homes): Collette Fletcher, Admin Manager – The Laurels and Pine Lodge
- Support Person of the Year (Central Support Office): Lisa Sellens, Regional Operations Manager
- Overall Achiever of the Year: Ruby Pratt, Senior Care Assistant – Hartford Court
- Best Leader: Jessica Salway, Clinical Peripatetic Manager – Central Support Office
- Most Promising Award: Sian Berry, Senior Care Assistant – West Cliff Hall
- Best Financial Performance: West Cliff Hall
- Estates Person of the Year: Gary Bartlett, Head of Maintenance – Central Support Office
- Administrator of the Year: Theresa Doyle, Administrator – Ashley Grange
- Chef of the Year: Mark Slowther, Head Chef – Newland House
- PCS Champion: April Taite, Care Assistant – Hartford Court
- Going the Extra Mile Award: Jade Butchers, Care Practitioner – Springfield House
- Best Newcomer: Paul Rookes, Receptionist – Central Support Office
- Facebook Post of the Year: Jenny Crouch and Jess Wells, Activity Coordinators – West Cliff House
- Most Creative Activity: Garth Theunissen and Agnieszka Kuszidlo – Hartford Court
- Best Buddy: Shamilla Bowles, Chef/ Senior Carer – Malden House
- Best Dressed: Rachel Burgess, Care Assistant – Belford House
- Mr or Mrs Hinch: Melchor Zamora, Head Housekeeper – Bethel House
Kevin Shaw, CEO, comments: “The whole day was a great success, and I am particularly proud of all our award winners. To hear the nomination comments from our residents, their families and other team members about the individuals they nominated truly shows the dedication and compassion of our teams across all our homes.”
Annual and monthly recognition is just one of the many benefits our employees enjoy. Check out more reasons to join our team on our careers page.